Weight Loss Tracker

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Frankfurters in Frankfurt

This week has flown by. I'm sitting here after just having a lovely meal with Mum, Dad and Tim and it's the day before I leave. Remember the Animal House movie from 1978....way too many similarities with the American Pie movies. Still, it is quite funny.

Germany was great. A friend showed us around - we sat in a square, drank apple cider and sampled many different frankfurters. It's such a clean and clinical country. The coffee was amazing - it's quite funny to be somewhere where "decaf" is not an option. I really never have any caffeine except for a cup of English tea in the morning, and while in Frankfurt they had these wonderful machines that dispensed espresso and cappuccino all the time. I didn't think much of it until yesterday when I had a foul headache most of the day - but I'll be weaned off the coffee by the time I return.

I've enjoyed catching up with friends and family. Mum and Dad are off to Turkey for a few months in a week or so, I'll be really excited if they mnage to get broadband access at their house - it'll mean I can talk to them more regularly than I usually do when they're there. Tim has time booked to come over in November, and Jenny is coming over in October.

In other news, Trev has a new job. While the dosh isn't as good he will be in NY full time and we'll be able to have a normal life again. That will be very very cool. In order to make sure we can survive financially (as you know any loss of income is horrible) I've signed up for Quicken.com who now have an online option. I really want to make sure that we can have all the things we love (Billy the Trainer, massages, eating out, holidays etc) and not kill ourselves. That'll be my job while Trev's in Brazil next week. His current employer has been horrible - he has over 2 weeks of accrued vacation and they're only compensating him for a week of it. It appears his boss is an arse. I'm really happy he's leaving.

For Labor day I'm on my own. I have plans on the Saturday night, but other than that I think I'm just home hanging out. I'm sure I'll find something to do....at least shopping at the outlet mall for a day....given that Trev's not around:)

OK, I'm off to have my final drink with Tim before I head out.

No comments: