Weight Loss Tracker

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Where did the week go?

I was full of lots of stories to post and things to write and then time just got away with me. I got back from the UK safely and was back at work before you know it. Trev's in Brazil (he left the day before I arrived home) so I didn't even have him to keep me company.

Jetlag hasn't been a problem for me this time at all - I really do find that if I go to an exercise class the day I get back it helps a lot. I've been good this week too - 2 sessions with Billy and a spin class.

That's right.......a spin class. I went anyway on Tuesday just to see how my ankle would cope. It wasn't too bad. So, by the time I got to the doc on Thursday I was ready to talk seriously with him about next steps. I have a chronic condition on the ATF ligament. He was pleased with the progress I had made but did say that I may need surgery. I'm really really against that. My ankle is not what it was that is for sure, but do I think it's bad enough to go under the knife? Certainly not. So, he agreed that I could start testing the waters with regard to exercise - I can start spinning again "half as much as you did before". So, my weekly plan is going to be:

Monday - Billy
Tuesday - Spin
Wednesday - Abs class
Thursday - Billy
Friday - Off
Saturday - Bodypump
Sunday - Shawn's class

What the doc has done has taken moulds of my feet and he is going to have insoles made for my shoes. We talked at length and even though I don't wear heels very often, it would be nice to have the choice - right? I'm very conscious that while it's OK....it may not heal properly. It's time to get one of those personal injury lawyers off the TV - if I get a no win no fee person then it should be good.

The other cool thing is that I've started using my bike to get to and from the gym. It's pretty cool - so easy to ride. I really thought I'd find it difficult, but I get around no problem, and I don't get puffed out or anything. I'm really pleased about that. At least I'll be able to use the bike for the next couple of months. What a great birthday present!

Work was mad this week - and I think finally, 8 months after I took this job I'm getting into a groove. I was given authority to hire someone to work for me to assist with more admin type stuff so have been interviewing. My 3 choices were 1) quiet guy 2) enthusiastic hungry guy and 3) my boss' best friend's sister (lots of experience BTW). Number 3 was a late contender - I'm always worried about how career limiting NOT choosing her would be. I started the interview process thinking I wanted a mini-me...but after careful consideration I realize that I need a plodder who has attention to detail so I can be sure that what's produced is accurate every single time. I went with number 3. I think it will be a good match so I'm really looking forward to get rid of all the scheduled BS I deal with - and spend more time doing more creative stuff. I'm having to learn that while I feel it's administrative no-one else seems to think it is - weird huh?

This weekend is pretty quiet. I have a couple of things planned - but mainly I'm finishing all the sorting out we've been doing. Most of it was done - my job while Trev was away was to get to all the boxes under the beds and make sure that it's all wanted. I've binned really really old duvet covers and sheets (you know, the ones you keep just in case but never ever use). With all the storage we'd bought at IKEA I managed to completely empty the dresser in our bedroom - so, that's going to go on Craigslist or eBay. That'll mean we'll be able to have the TV on the wall and give us much more room in the bedroom. I'm really looking forward to that.

OK, it's late and need to sleep.....have a great weekend.

No comments: