Weight Loss Tracker

Thursday, August 14, 2008

An honor...and "oh crap"

So this week I had a big surprise. It was an honor and while it's exciting I have lots of trepidation, not to say it's messed up some personal stuff.

I'm currently on my trip to the UK. I'm here for two weeks, having meetings in the middle of each week. In order to do this trip I had to move some stuff that Trev had organized. We were going driving round a racetrack (it was his birthday present) - and I had rearranged it for Sept 21st so i could do this current trip.

Two days ago I get an email out of the blue inviting me to attend the Women's International Networking conference in Sitges, Spain (near Barcelona) in September. it's a fully paid up trip. Wooo hooooooo! I don't even know who nominated me. 15 people are representing our company around the world - I'm the only person from the Americas. Isn't that cool? I was so shocked - stuff like this never happens to me. I feel so strange. Now, I do chair the women's network and do a lot of work each month with meetings and stuff but I didn't really think anyone noticed - I guess I was wrong.

The "oh crap" comes in when I think of traveling to a country that doesn't have English as its native language. I feel awful feeling that way, but i can't help it. I'm already freaking out about going to Frankfurt next week....and now Barcelona. I feel even worse when I spend most days talking to people whose second language is English. I need to get over it.....I just don't seem to be able to.

The second "oh crap" is that remember I rescheduled our driving because of this current trip? Well guess what? This Barcelona trip is smack bang in the middle of the rearranged trip. So......thankfully they're flexible enough that it's now booked for October 29th.

So....more traveling.... yippee!

No comments: