Weight Loss Tracker

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

And so the fun begins...

It's voting season. Between now and November there's going to be a ridiculous amount of campaigning for both the Republican and Democrats to see who's gonna be the new president. Will it be the first black president or the first female vice president? Who knows....it's a nail biter. I don't vote in the US - I'm not allowed, so over the years I've always formed opinions. Is it really about politics and views? Or is it just personalities.....

This is not a post regarding one side or the other and I'm not planning on sharing my views either way. I definitely prefer UK politics. This US stuff goes on for years and years (or that's what it feels like). In the UK, the Prime Minister makes the decision on when the election will be; they can make that decision any time up to a 5 year period. Then there's only about a month's notice. Pretty cool eh? The rest of the time is spent complaining bitterly about whether it's the Conservative (ie Republican) or Labour (ie Democrat) party's fault.

I digress. The purpose of this post was to relay a story a colleague of mine told me this morning. She was at the bus stop and there was someone campaigning with a "vote for me" type thing going on. No idea what party BTW....it's just funny. Now....does this guy really really think that this question/statement would make you vote for him? She was standing in line for the bus and he said to her "you know, if you vote for me I can make the bus come more quickly". a) did he really think she was that shallow and b) is that really really possible?

Enough said. Bloody hilarious.

No comments: