Weight Loss Tracker

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Car issues resolved - maybe

I may have struck gold with our car issues. It's been an ongoing problem since we had the car. It's in the shop, we have to take time off work to collect it, we wait around, they don't return the old car to Lexus, they don't pay us our old lease payment as promised etc etc etc.

Anyway I lost patience this week and emailed the owner - found his email on the dealership website (have to admit I didn't know it was the own until after), but this seemed to have a pleasing response as all of a sudden the people were responsive. The guy responded within a couple of hours, had agreed to meet me and said he'd fix our issues.

When I picked the car up yesterday I decided to stop by the dealership (the service department is a few blocks away) to see if I could get the check. Anyway, while it was a slimeball who was there I did come away with:

a) the check
b) a credit of $110 that we don't have to pay for the car tax
c) a credit of one month's car payments that I'll see on the bill
d) 3 coupons for free oil changes, no expiry

It was pretty pleasing because this guy was a total idiot. He tried to tell me he answers his voicemails - think of me looking at him and saying "well....Brian....I've called you 3 times in the last 2 days and you've not responded once". He definitely was uncomfortable dealing with all my complaints.

Anyway, I could go on, but suffice to say we may have turned a corner!

No comments: