Weight Loss Tracker

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Just desserts

I seem to not have a lot of time to blog recently. One of the reasons is that I usually post first thing in the morning when I get to work - over the past few weeks I've had someone work for me, and she travels into work with my boss. This means she either arrives just after me, or on really bad days she is there first. It's kinda hard to blog when you're not alone:) There's also lots of moves going on right now so we are also sharing a desk. It'll get better this week I'm sure.


Anyway, I thought I'd post a story from this week. Trev's having a great time in his new job - after nearly two weeks he's settled and has his laptop and new phone (one of the fancy new Palm PDAs...very very nice). He's already making changes and he's like a pig in shit. It's great to see him finally happy in his job. We'll do OK with the drop in income, and he's taking it seriously - I just see small changes where he'll turn down an offer to eat out, buy Starbucks or get a massage. That's really nice...and I appreciate it.

Last March I bought Trev a half day driving session at Pocono raceway - I thought it'd be cool. It took a while to organize but originally we were going in June. Mum's surgery came through so we needed to postpone. Next we were going in August....and then I had a business trip. Then we booked for September, and I was supposed to go to Spain (even though it got canceled). For the final time we rescheduled for the end of October. Now, those who know Trev mean that while he tries to be understanding I did cop a lot of crap for the badly timed trips -and rightly so.

So......the other night I ask if he's OK while we're on the sofa....and he says "I'm plucking up courage" - now that sounded weird and for a few seconds I was perturbed. Then he said that he's been asked to go on a business trip at the end of October and once again we need to postpone the driving.

What a bummer eh? The other bummer thing is that Trev is now away for the whole time that Frankie and Jenny are visiting. That's even more of a bummer.

Now it wouldn't be fair if I said I was happy....but I think I laughed more than got annoyed and then asked "so, how much crap can I give you.....?" Anyway, we'll ge there eventually! It'll just be colder than we originally planned.

No comments: