Weight Loss Tracker

Saturday, December 27, 2008

A first for age 41

I can't believe I'm even going to post about this but last night 3 adults aged 53, 41 and 28 got chucked out of a bar. Even today I can't believe that it happened. It was a first for all of us.

Peter, Trev and I went to a comedy club for dinner and show last night. The plan was to head back to Hoboken and then go out for a beer before going home. We went to a bar a few blocks away from home. We sat at some bar stools at the bar and ordered a cocktail. We were deep in conversation minding our own business, and after about 45 minutes the bouncer came over and told us he needed to move the chairs. No warning. Now, I really don't think it was unreasonable of us to ask why we had to move. It wasn't heaving full of people (but it was busy). I swear, nothing much else happened, just the bouncers literally picked Peter up and carried him out. Now Trev, who'd been minding his own business gets very protective of his family and started yelling at the bouncers....it was awful. Seriously. I managed to get Trev to button it and walk out. At which point the owner got in on the act.

Now I know that when Trev is in one of those moods the ONLY way to deal with it is to get him out of the area so he can cool down....the owner didn't realize this at all. It got worse and worse. Once Trev was out I told the guy what happened....and said that at our age it's a bit unreasonable to manhandle us. I told him what happened and said to him that we would never come to his establishment again....

Can you believe it? I'm such a boring person normally...and definitely not one to cause trouble at all.... I guess there's one less place we will frequent. Bummer, because their martinis were pretty good.

No comments: