Weight Loss Tracker

Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas

We had a busy social holiday this year. Usually we're total homebodies but this year we had lots of people staying local with us. This is the first year EVER, EVER that I don't have a tree up - this disappointed me earlier in the week but something had to give. I didn't feel well and just hadn't had time. What I learnt this year is that it's not decorations or how much you spend on gifts, but what you think about and celebrate and who you have around you. I think sometimes it's easy to forget why Christmas is celebrated - and this year we had time to reflect. That was really nice. We had some really good times with everyone and I've really enjoyed it.

I have been working for a bit today (it's not a holiday in the US) while Trevor and Peter are in the city. Later we're going to a comedy club so while I had a bit of peace and quiet I thought I'd catch up with pics (especially as Penny beat me to it this year).

Christmas Eve we had dinner at our place with our neighbours Nick, Jackie and Rich. As always when we have dinner at ours we had some good English fare - shepherd's pie followed by chocolate mousse. Christmas Day we had different friends round - Sharon, Leslie and Anwar.

The pics we took are below. They're also posted in Facebook.

Christmas Eve


12-24-08 Christmas Eve


Christmas Day


12-25-08 Christmas Day


Happy Christmas everyone! I love you all.

No comments: