Weight Loss Tracker

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas

This week has gone by in a blur. I've managed to get a lot done at work, my chest infection is finally abating, Peter's here and I'm sitting watching 30 Rock waiting for our friends(Nick, Jackie and Rich) to come over for dinner. I've cooked shepherd's pie and then made a chocolate mousse for dessert. Yummo. I've made a cosmo to Peter's recipe - yummy.

Trevor and Peter went out for a beer (well, technically they went to the store to pick some cheese up and took 2 hours!!) leaving me at home being peaceful finishing up the meal. They will take care of Christmas dinner - we have 3 friends coming over for that (Leslie, Anwar and Sharon). We'll have a blast.

I'm counting my blessings - I'm employed, Trev's employed, the kids are happy, we don't have too much debt (phew!) and I can afford to help charities and friends in times of need. My friend Penny has had a rough year - she's such a tough cookie....she's providng for her 6 year old and managing to find time to fend of creditors....and knit. Can you believe that? Knit. Hmmm....I don't think I've done that since I was about 12 - I always preferred crossitch. I'm proud of her - she's strong and knows what she needs to do to keep her family on track and give "a" the solid family life he needs. 2009 will be a better for her, I'm sure - well done for keeping it together - and have a great Christmas.

I'm starting to put a calendar together for all the things we want to do next year. Go to Chicago regularly to help with Rach's wedding, go and visit Carrieanne in Iowa and Peter in Colorado. Got some concerts and shows to go to as well as 2 weddings. It's going to be a busy busy year.

Everyone, have a fabulous Christmas and Happy New Year.

No comments: