Weight Loss Tracker

Monday, January 26, 2009

Off to Mexico

I had a terrible week last week - by Friday I was beside myself. I was peed off, angry, upset at myself for feeling so bad, but couldn't find a way to kick my own ass out of it. I know how to stop people annoying me but it just wouldn't budge. I'm happy to report that spending the weekend doing almost nothing, out for dinner a couple of times with friends and a good massage has made me feel a whole lot better.

After that I wasn't really looking forward to today. I got my just desserts though. This person who annoyed the crap out of me last week managed to get their ass royally kicked by my boss. They organized a meeting to give my boss an update on this project - them, me, the global department program manager and my boss. Interesting that I didn't see the presentation beforehand, or even asked for my input....but that is soooooo typical. I didn't get mad and attended the meeting (which BTW was with 15 minutes notice!!!!!). It just shows you when you put a presentation together rule number 1 is to make sure you know your audience and what they will do with the information. She just ripped him a new a-hole. The bitchy side of me? Laughed my freakin ass off. It was laughable - even I couldn't understand what the hell they were trying to say....and believe me, with my boss - you have a total of 10 seconds to get your point across. hahahah-di-ha. Serves them right - they only need to ask my advice and I'd help. Even now neither of them has talked to me.

So, onto the topic of this post. We have friends getting married in Mexico in May. Part of me didn't really want to go as it was so far, expensive etc etc....however when we realized it was the holiday week and that we could airmile ourselves there for about $160 we booked it. This will now be our holiday for the year I think - and there was no arguing from Trevor. It'll be interesting to see what it's like. So exciting. I just need to figure out how you prevent yourself getting Delhi Belly......and most people I know who go to Mexico always get sick.

So now the keep fit and diet is kicking into high gear.....way too many skinny people will be there!

No comments: