Weight Loss Tracker

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Busy busy busy....still

I feel like life is going by in a flash right now. Last weekend Trev organized a weekend in the city to celebrate Mother's day. It was great. We went and saw the new Star Trek movie which was AWESOME.....and I mean AWESOME, then we went off to the Joshua Tree for cocktails and dinner. The bar is great - it's all 80s music and lots of dancing. Was a lot of fun.


On Sunday we went out to the new "W" hotel where we live. Very swanky. Brunch was great too - and it's priced just right to keep out the skanks (if you know what I mean...). We met up with Rich, our neighbour for the afternoon.


Back at work time just flew. I had a colleague/friend over from the UK so Tuesday night we went out for drinks with some colleagues to a fabulous bar - http://230-fifth.com/ The views were stunning - right under the Empire State Building. Such a great place - it's an outside bar but if it's chilly there are both blankets and heaters. Very nice. Tuesday I also moved my desk - now I look at a wall and no-one can find me - it's PERFECT!!!!


Wednesday Trev and I were out supporting Rich. He was taking part in a bachelor auction in town on behalf of a charity (it's where guys get up on stage and people bid for them and their prizes). We went to Splash (http://www.splashbar.com/) where the event was taking place. Rich was worried that no-one would vote for him.....so he gave us money to make sure that we bidded for him. Needless to say it was a gay bar so there were some hunky topless guys serving drinks, the host for the evening was Hedda Lettuce (http://heddalettuce.com/), a famous drag queen. Was a lot of fun - we won our auction along with a "bag of booze" and a 90 minute massage. AWESOME.

On the following weekend we tried to rest - saw Angels and Demons, very disappointing. I'll re-read the book while in Mexico. From what I remember the book was far better than Davinci Code....not so with the movie. Weird.

Only a week or so til Mexico. Hopefully my health will keep the pigs away. On the fitness front I've been doing really well - I can now do 200 situps and 50 pushups (not one after the other!)......how cool is that. I actually feel pretty darn good!

No comments: