Weight Loss Tracker

Friday, May 08, 2009

Work work work work work and work

I'm starting to get realistic. At the beginning the year I thought this mayhem would last a month, maybe 2. It's May....and nothing has changed. It's crazy.


I have managed to hire someone to help me out - and when I first started working with her she took ownership and like projects. I'm beginning to think it's me. She was a consultant, now she's hired (since Apr 13th). Just stupid stuff like I've asked her to set her PC up to work remotely and get a Blackberry. Why is it on May 8th this is not done? Why is it that I've told her for 3 months to get our performance reports out a week after month end and it's still not done? I really think I'm the problem. I've tried setting goals and saying "it needs to be done"....but it doesn't. WTF - my boss is already pissed I'm not as productive (esp with double the headcount!!!!).


I have to take this weekend to figure out how to set objectives and expectations and not interfere. This month I'm wrestling, while sitting here Friday night having worked until 7pm (when getting to work at 7.15am), with whether I check what she did today or I just ignore it and send people to her with questions. She has to learn that I can't carry her and ME. I think I'm sending people to her -and I'll do the one report my boss looks at. That way, I've got both bases covered.


Enough about work. Tonight I have zero energy to go out -I'm watching Biggest Loser (I'm a geek, what can I say), drinking a cocktail and catching up with you all.


Last week Pia visited and I had so much fun. She worked out with Billy alongside me - and he was soooo great with her. She's getting married in July and wants to lose weight. Being Italian she eats so much pasta so I'm convincing her to try my diet. In 18months I've lost 35lb.....and I feel (and look) so different. I love it. She did really well - Billy was great, she was so enthusiastic, but I did feel bad when she couldn't sit in the afternoon.....and worse when HER BOSS messaged me to say she was raving about us and her legs still hurt several days later. I've never seen myself as a diet and exercise guru....or that anyone would listen to me in this regard....I guess because I'd not seen Pia since last summer there was such a difference.

And on rain.....we're on our 7th straight day of rain. Fed up to say the least - it's like England in summer. Not fair - c'mon, bring the sun!

No comments: