Weight Loss Tracker

Saturday, August 29, 2009

2 things I've learnt

1) Muscle Milk (ie protein shake) makes you stronger when you're working out

2) I'm allergic to hydrogenated soy bean oil

At the age of 42, it's kinda weird to actually learn stuff about yourself, right? By now, don't you know it all? Well.....as you know the past several months we've been strength training with Billy at home - which basically results in 1.5 to 2 hours of hardass strength training twice a week....it's a killer. What we were finding is that we couldn't eat enough (without feeling sick) to sustain our energy through that. Billy suggested that we try a protein shake.....and both Trev and I are big sceptics about this kind of thing....anyway, we're converted. Muscle Milk is the brand - it's just over $20 delivered for about 3lbs of powder that you make up with water. The banana flavour seems to be the favourite.....so that's what we're sticking with. It's cool.

The other thing that's driving me nuts is that I kept getting puffy, red and itchy eyes - for the past few years. I've always put it down to hairspray or moisturizer...until a colleague mentioned this "hydrogenated soy bean oil". I've been aware for a while and have steered clear of the stuff - but today, for the first time in freaking ages I had an outbreak. After working out this morning I was hungry - but rather than craving eggs like usual, I wanted something crappy - and the choice today was a boxed soup - noodle soup. Not even the one with chicken bits. i've eaten this for years, although not this particular store bought version - let's face it, it's about once a year I eat this kind of thing. Anyway, made it, got ready to head out to the hairdressers - and whaddaya know - in less than 10 mins I look like I've cried for a week, with big red itchy eyes. While at the hairdressers, my eyes got bigger and bigger......so I guess tonight it's going to be 2 Benadryl and go to bed - just so i can get rid of the itching.....

In other news, Trev's still looking for a job, we're off to Cedar Rapids next weekend for Rachel's batchelorette party - so we're sneaking in an old haunt the night before - I'm so excited to be going back to Muddy Waters.......old times are such fabulous memories!

No comments: