Weight Loss Tracker

Saturday, April 08, 2006

What a day/week/weekend...

So, it's been quiet the past week as there's been so much to do. Work is going great, I love my new job and there's loads to do. the week went by so quickly I never got time to write anything here. Oh Man... it's crazy. i did have a couple of days where I pulled 14 hours days - not good and I'm definitely resolving not to do it again. The reason was that we had a 3 day training course for my new team leads and while I was there being a good boss (Blackberry in bag, laptop off) I wasn't doing any work. So....I had to get it done afterwards. Oh yeah, and of course there were team building events on both nights.

One of the events was at a restaurant called Becco. I'd been there before last January - very nice Italian. At the weekend when I was having a saddo day (see previous entry) I'd watched a TV program on PBS called Lydia's Italy. What I didn't realize until this week was that Becco was owned by Lydia! Weird.......

First thing today I picked Trev up from the airport so he's now back from the UK (getting a visa). Then the packers came. I got home late on Thursday night having got delayed in Chicago (it's the last time I think I'm saving the company money by not taking a direct flight). Friday I ended up in the st Louis office for what was supposed to have been an hour and turned into the whole morning. I got home to start packing......and just as I got into the groove Penny, Mark and Rachel turned up. Yeah! Penny had kindly picked up Rachel on the way through as she was without a car - and it meant she could drive back the Grand Prix to Cedar Rapids to prevent us paying a $500+ bill on the Sable. Back on topic....the packers were amazing. they arrived at 8am and had the whole house boxed before 1pm. Incredible! We then spent the afternoon moving all the furniture for Penny. They had hired a Uhaul that they're towing with Mark's truck. It's jam packed full. They took everything.........flipping marvelous.

Went to Tuckers for dinner...our local. they do the best food.....will really really miss it. Met up with friends Pete and Diane too - spent ages talking about Penny's ghosts. We're getting quite a following - I hope the ghosts appreciate it:)

We're so tired....it's now 8.45pm and we're all going to bed. We've been busy all day - Trev's jetlagged and I think the rest of us are shattered. I thought I'd write as I wait for the food to go down - my stomach is bursting:)

No comments: