Weight Loss Tracker

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Drama in NYC

After my day at home yesterday, I felt much calmer. I admit i worked until about 11 (I did take time out and went to the gym etc)...and I got my to do's up to date, other stuff together and was doing pretty OK. I like that feeling...I felt like I was almost in control and had a handle on everything.

Today I was out visiting a client with one of my teams...and all was going great until all of a sudden the markets took a nosedive and the tension in the building went up. Turns out that a plane crashed into a building in Manhattan. I was over 20 blocks away...but believe me, for a time everyone was wondering whether it was an accident or not (flashback to 9/11...everyone thought it was an accident until the second plane hit). Obviously there was no way my team could continue trying to train our end users with such news going on....it's a waste of effort. By 3.30 we had left and I bought everyone a beer. That was nice.

Our new neighbours stopped by tonight to say hi. We're basically sharing the bitching of all the things wrong with the apartments. For them, they have a balcony and sliding door....with no lock. And I thought we had problems. Still no internet, will be another 2 weeks (heard that before, right?? LOL). We're going out for dinner on Saturday so that should be fun. they recently moved from Chicago so we already have stuff in common. It'll be nice to socialize outside of the work environment.

OK, I'm off to bed.

1 comment:

Penny said...

Just glad it was far... far... away. I saw the breaking news and was thankful it was an apartment building in Manhattan which meant I could relax a bit.