Weight Loss Tracker

Thursday, January 25, 2007

A whole week went by...

I was doing really well keeping up with almost daily posts....clearly this last week flew by and I can't remember most of it. I'll do a precis of what's happened.

The gym - I know I know, I go on about this all the time. Well I'm on a new schedule now which is giving me more time to relax during the week. I went to a vinyasa yoga class last Sunday and it was awesome. I could keep up, I was exhausted (that's the point, right?) and I felt really good at the end. I'm definitely running with the mantra "you never feel bad when you leave a gym". It's sooooo true. My trainer is upping the anti, and you can definitely see results now. Still no reduction in dress side....but shape is changing - definitely!

Eating - well, it's not too bad. I'm making a point of cooking on weekends and freezing soups and meals so it's easy to eat during the week and it's not all TV dinners. I'm really enjoying that. I also like not eating out as much.

Hair - had my hair cut and coloured last week. Hmmmmm - much happier with the colour but realized that I had got used to long hair. Had a whopping 4 inches cut off and it's now shoulder length again. Don't like it. While it looks fabulous for the 10 nano seconds after I've finished drying it....it looks crap the rest of the time. I'm blessed with hair that grows quickly so in about 3 months it'll be back to where it was.

Work - still crazy. Still procrastinating over my review and whether I should go to battle over the score. Not sure. Part of me says yes....the other part says let it go. We'll see. I did graduate from the class I was doing (remember the training back in October? there was a 12 week online followup thingy). that's good - I'm glad I got that finished. I went out to dinner last night with some who's leaving the company - and he took my card, asked me what I wanted to do (get things done, not manage people and make crap loads of money doing it) so you never know I may get an offer from left field....:) There's lot of people leaving right now - my first boss at my current firm is leaving also - I'm so sad about that. I can honestly say all the people I've worked for in this company (there are 3) I would work for again....and it's not often you say that.

Gossip - heard that my boss in my last company got promoted to VP. Can you believe that crap? What a moron.....he's the epitome of what I don't want to be in a boss. Thankfully Trev has lots of contacts so I always get to hear the gossip!

Travel - off to Iowa this weekend so really looking forward to seeing old friends and visiting old haunts. Am meeting up with Penny on Saturday at the outlet mall and lots of beer and food in the evenings. I keep trying to forget that it's the coldest week of the year there and focusing on the fun stuff. Really looking forward to all the shopping. I need a new coat - the one I bought which is long is too long - either that or I'm a short arse. I thought I did really well but there are things about this coat that drive me nuts. It's long, but the buttons end at your waste. When it's cold and you're walking, you have to hold the flipping thing closed. I need a new one.

Ok, gotta get some work done...

No comments: