Weight Loss Tracker

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Geek Central

I know I'm a self-professed geek....but we are definitely A+++ on geekness this weekend.

1. For our up-coming Jamaica vacation we bought snorkels and masks of our own - we found the cutest dive shop 3 blocks from where we live. They were great - and steered us to the $20 stuff, not the hugely expensive stuff. At least now I don't have to share spit with loaned out stuff:)

2. Wireless speakers. I found on the Bose website that they now have a module for surround sound. The back speakers, which historically result in wires around the room, now have their own little wireless thingy removing all those wires. We splurged and hooked it up this weekend. The sound is awesome, and I have fewer cables floating around.

3. IPOD. Yeah yeah, I know I have a nano that I love. But.... on ITUNES they have loads of podcasts that are video based....so I just had to buy a video. I did restrict myself to the 30GB, not the 80GB so we'll wait and see. I'm hoping it's as good as I want it to be. If my company didn't pay for my cellphone/blackberry I'd be having an iphone...but as I don't pay for it, this will be the next best thing. My theory is that I'll sell it on ebay when the new ones come out. I will say that I paid for it with an award my boss gave me for creating some reports and stuff at work - so it's not real cash. and it's only about 20% of the total award money so I can be sensible with the rest.

See - geeky!

No comments: