Weight Loss Tracker

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Nice surprise

It's Sunday evening. I travel back to the US Monday morning. My family live about 2 hours away and commuting for a 10.30am flight means driving right through rush hour. To save them the trouble, I decided to book a hotel near/on the airport. As always last minute....and looking on the travel websites one that was convenient was 150 pounds ($300 ish). too much - I'm too mean for that. Checked my Hilton points which I've not used in a couple of years and found that I had 70k points. There was a night available at the hotel at the airport - promptly booked it being chuffed with myself for not spending the money.

Arriving here was such a surprise. Apparently i'm still a "gold" member so that means I have lots of priviledges. The main ones being that I get my room upgraded (it's pretty bog standard as far as I can tell), I get access to the Executive Lounge with a happy hour for 3 hours (snacks, drinks etc) and free internet. Bloody marvelous. I'm so impressed. Couple of gin and tonics, snacks, fruit....lovely jubbley.

So, what's the first thing I do when I've got so much work to do? Yep - you got it. Log into blog....

Ok, back on track:)

Mum's doing great - she stayed in a night but is home now and doing well. Even though she had a growth removed from her nose there's no bruising and she's on her feet. Watching her doing nothing is quite funny - it's almost like it's impossible. Good luck with that one Dad:)

Dieting has been awful - my hotel room has scales in it....but really really scared to stand on it. I've already got spin lined up (2 classes 6pm and 7pm) so i'll feel back in the swing of things in no time.

No comments: