Weight Loss Tracker

Friday, February 29, 2008

Overheard conversation

OK, so I'm in the bank this evening getting out a wad of cash for the coming weeks (in NYC you need buckets of the stuff...but you never know what for?) and I nearly peed myself when I over heard this.

Girl 1 "I love my mom"
Girl 2 "That's nice"
Girl 1 "She looks great. She's thin, she works out, she looks after herself"
Girl 2 "Hmmmmm....that's great"
Girl 1 "Well, time is running out. She's 41 this year"


I nearly burst out laughing. I couldn't even tell you how old these girls were, but the fact that I said girl and not woman sums it up. The fact that they thought 41 was "running out" blows me away.

It's funny how you think that 41 is really really old when you're in your early 20s, but I can honestly say I like my age, I don't feel past it, I like having had the experiences I do and I like the assurity that maturity brings. Can't say I'm happy with middle-age-spread and crinkles, but hey everything has a price.

I think that exchange was priceless - it made my day!

No comments: