Weight Loss Tracker

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Quick week

Can't believe it's flipping Saturday again. I feel like I flew to England, saw the fam, went to work Sunday afternoon and then didn't rest again until today. Work was crazy - really really good meetings and stuff but the days went something like this. 6am alarm, get up, go to work, meetings started at 8.30am, meetings stopped at 6pm, worked through all breaks and lunches, drinks/dinner started immediately at 6pm. Got back to hotel room anywhere between 10.30pm and 1am. Crazy crazy. Had a great time but it would have been nice to have one evening where I got to choose what I was doing. Oh well, it's over now.

I do have one funny story. Tuesday night we're at a restaurant and after dinner I wanted a decaf black coffee. Simple, right? So, I ask for that. "No madam, we don't have that. You want expresso". "No", say I, "I do not want expresso, I want ordinary coffee, no milk, decaf please". Anyway, this went on for 5 minutes. In the end I ordered an americano decaf. Apparently that's not the same (?go figure?). Ohhhh, the joys of being in England:)

Mum's in surgery today having her nose sorted out. She's OK, but staying in the hospital overnight. We're off to go and see her in an hour or so (here in the UK they dictate visiting hours!!). Trev leaves for the US tomorrow and will be back in time to watch Superbowl. I leave Monday morning. Next weekend, we're off ski-ing, so I think we'll be truly knackered by the time we're done.

No comments: