Weight Loss Tracker

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

It's quiet this year. Later today we're driving up to Connecticut to see our friend Melissa and have Thanksgiving dinner with her family. It'll be a nice rest. Here's a list of things I'm thankful for this year:

- I'm glad that I still have a job after all the movement in the financial markets. I feel relatively safe right now, but who knows. While I'm not in a perfect job I'm surrounded by people I like and who respect me. Not like the old days at AP*C
- I'm happy that Trev found a job this year that he loves. He's settled in well and just loves working there
- We got our green card. Given the economy this is AWESOME. If the worst happens, we can work anywhere. That is very satisfying to know
- Rachel and Mike are getting married next year; they are so cute together. I'm thankful she has landed on her feet, has a great job, a guy who loves her
- I'm happy that Carrieanne continues to gain confidence and is now an independent woman. She knows what she wants and I'm in no doubt that she will make great decisions that will make her happy
- Peter is doing great and I'm thankful he's almost at the end of his studies. He made it to formal "doctoral student" this year which is a huge achievement.

- I'm thankful that Mum's knee replacement has been a success and that she continues to improve
- My family. I'm thankful that we talk/email/IM regularly and stay close. While we're not on the same continent all the time we do stay in touch and all proactively contact each other. I don't take this for granted; I'm sad that Trev talks to his family in the UK so rarely- they seem OK with it, I find it strange
- I'm definitely thankful for Facebook. We keep in touch with Trev's family and friends who we've met through the years. While I'm not obsessed, I do check in once daily at least

That's not bad for 11 months of the year is it?

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

No comments: