Weight Loss Tracker

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A healthy burger recipe...

As you know I'm all about splitting proteins and carbs on my diets and rarely eat them together (unless I'm eating sushi). This is a high protein burger...but with white meat. I tried this out a few days ago...got the idea off of Big Daddy's House on Food Network. Was marvelous. Of course I don't have quantities or anything like that but you'll get the idea...

Ground turkey
Few rashers of bacon, chopped
Chopped onion
Small cubes of cheese (I used strong cheddar)
Bit of cream cheese (like Boursin)
Mixed herbs, salt and pepper
Some egg

- In a pan, with a little oil or spray, fry the bacon and onion until cooked. Set aside.
- In a bowl put the ground turkey, herbs, salt and pepper and mix together well. Add enough egg to bind.
- Make sure the cheese is in small cubes
- Make the burgers - Next make some thin patties with the meat mixture, in the middle put a combination of the bacon, onion and cheese. Cover with another thin pattie
- Fry in a little oil until cooked


As long as you season well they taste great. Put it like this - Trev wants me to make them again!

No comments: