Weight Loss Tracker

Saturday, January 17, 2009

I just love the A&P delivery service

I was pretty excited a few years ago when I discovered FreshDirect - a website where you can order groceries and for about $6 they would deliver it. The only issue with the website that about 30% of what we normally eat we couldn't get on there so you would either a) go without (which worked sometimes) or b) you'd have to take yourself to the grocery store anyway.

So...guess how excited I was when our local grocery store started doing online shopping and delivered for $6. Oh my word....I love this. You get a personal shopper who takes your list, walks round the store and then calls you if they have questions. It's sooooo cool. There are several benefits to this:

a) you only order what you want and can't get roped into impulse buying
b) the store has 99.9% of the stuff you want
c) you can leave little messages under each item (so if you don't know how heavy 8 apples is you can put 2lb in weight but then say "I want 8 please")
d) you spend less than if you went with the list because of a) above
e) you don't actually have to go to the store!

Marvelous!

No comments: