Weight Loss Tracker

Friday, October 02, 2009

Busy busy September

My world is flying by at such a pace I'm not getting any time to catch everyone up here - while I like my life full...I feel it may be running away from me. I did do a bunk on Friday and we went up to see our friend Melissa in Connecticut. It's only a couple of hours away, but it feels so different. Large spaces, dogs, cat, green grass and quiet. It was lovely.

Trevor drove while I caught up with some work, then after a quick brunch Melissa and I went off shopping while Trev rested and played with the dogs. Well....sounds boring for him, but he prefers it to going around stores. There are a few things that I need right now - first, shoes for Rachel's wedding. I thought I had the shoes, but when I tried them on they're way too big - my feet have shrunk. Weird eh? The other thing is that I need are tops. I spent the first half of the year buying pants as i kept dropping sizes, then it stabilized over the summer. Now my boobs have shrunk ... and my tops are all too big - to the point where my bra shows too much at work. Funny, but true. I've never looked forward to cold weather before - because right now I'd really rather not be buying too much.

Onto news....

Work - it's been CRAZY. I cannot say that enough. While I would be bored if there wasn't so much to do, it's been really hard to balance work and home life. it seems to be squaring away now, but this year has been one for the record books. I am involved in many projects - and the more I get involved in, the more I have to get involved in.

Trevor - he's still looking. He has good days and bad - but over the past 2 weeks he's been back in contact with people that we both used to work with. It's been a positive week for him, and that really helps. He's so talented and it's a shame that it's taking so long. I'm thankful that we are able to continue to live here without too much stress. Of course, if he's still not working by the new year, it'll be a different kettle of fish - but for now it's ok.

Car- we've decided to get rid of our car as we don't drive it. We actually thought we'd sold the lease really quickly - we signed the paperwork etc etc - and the little arsehole dropped out at the last minute. We were totally bummed. I'm still hoping that we get rid of it as it's a waste of several hundred dollars a month.

Health - we're both doing good. We're so fit these days it's kinda scary......i think we've both finally accepted we're not the lard-ass anymore....but it is very difficult to change your view of yourself. My ankle/knee is kinda crappy but I think we're about to finalize the therapy so that we can start a lawsuit! Hopefully that'll mean big bucks!!

Rachel's wedding - well, she has the dress, i have mine, we all look fab - so we're very excited that on November 14th Mike and her will be married. Mum, Dad and Tim are coming over and that'll be cool too. I just have to figure out how to get all my vacation time in before the end of the year:)

No comments: